Servings: 1, approximately 12 oz
Protein: 17 g
- Add all ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth, and enjoy
2 servings (12-16 oz each)
- 1c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1c chocolate almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1c frozen organic berries
- 1 scoop chocolate Sun Warrior plant-based protein
- 1/2c 2% greek yogurt (we use 2% Fage)
- handful of ice, add more as needed
- Add all ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth, and serve.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add more almond milk. If it’s too thin, add more ice.
This smoothie is a great place to hide vegetables—add in some spinach or 1/2 avocado and everyone will still love the flavor. Sometimes I also add a dash of agave.
Protein: 15.25 g/serving
Almond milk is a great source of Calcium—1 c of almond milk provides 45% of your daily needs compare to whole milk, which only provides 30%.
Servings: 12 servings, 1 waffle each
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup ground flax seed (optional if you don’t have on hand)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2¾ cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp sunflower, vegetable, or avocado oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
Combine flours, baking powder, flax seed, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well
In a separate bowl, combine eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, and oil and mix well with a whisk
Add flour mixture slowly to egg mixture and mix with whisk until blended
Pour ¾ cup of batter at a time onto hot waffle iron, lightly coated with spray
Cook waffles until golden brown and crisp
Serve with fresh berries and syrup
1 serving = 1 waffle. Freeze leftover waffles.
The whole family loves these waffles! We also use this recipe for pancakes and cook about 1/4 cup mix per pancake on a hot skillet, adding blueberries while they cook.