We love to entertain friends and family! My favorite evenings are the ones I spend with our company, not cooking in the kitchen the entire time. So, I like to do most of the meal prep ahead, which leaves me free to join the party.
For a twist on the classic grilled pork chop, I whisked together a white miso marinade, topped the chops with shiitake mushrooms (sautéed in butter or olive oil with a touch of S & P), and paired with crisp balsamic marinated peaches and greens. The peaches brought a light sweetness to the meal and the miso marinade added a delicious layer of flavor. Enjoy this simple scrumptious summer meal!
- 6 bone-in pork chops approximately 1/2 lb each
- 1/4 c white miso
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 c mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Bring chops to room temp and lay on plastic cutting board covered in saran wrap.
- Pound each pork chop to 1/2” thick with mallet.
- Whisk together next 5 ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Marinate chops for 2 hours in refrigerator in either a plastic ziplock bag or shallow dish covered with saran wrap.
- Brink pork chops to room temp and grill approximately 5 minutes per side at 350-400℉, or until desired wellness.
- Rest pork chops under tinfoil for 10 minutes and serve with sautéed shiitake mushrooms and balsamic marinated peach salad.