Weeknight dinners need to be simply prepared and sometimes prepped ahead of time when we are busy with after school activities or trips to the park. These turkey burgers are a go-to weeknight meal for our family because you can prep them in a flash, set aside in the fridge to cook just before dinner, or prepare and take out on the go. The Ras El Hanout seasoning, a traditional warming Moroccan flavor, contains turmeric and clove, which are both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich, and cumin, which aids digestion. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 12 min
- 2 lb organic ground turkey meat
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp Ras El Hanout seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko or bread crumbs
- For serving: toasted wheat buns, spinach, tomato, mustard, ketchup
- finely chop 1/2 cup turkish figs for sweetness and add to burger mix
- coarsely chop 1/2 almonds for added crunch and add to burger mix
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, eggs, finely diced onion, all seasonings, parmesan and panko.
- Mix until combined.
- Separate into 8 patties.
- Grill at 350-400 degrees or cook in large pan coated with olive oil at medium/high heat for approximately 5 min per side. Burgers should be firm when pressed with spatula to indicate meat is fully cooked.
- Serve over greens or on a toasted bun with tomato and your favorite condiments.
- Freeze extra burgers wrapped in foil and sealed in freezer bag.