background & experience
My mission, by combining my scientific background and passion for wellness, is to help people understand how to effectively prevent and treat chronic disease. I earned a BS in Biomedical Engineering from Columbia University and PhD in Biomedical Sciences, with a focus on oncology and structural biology, from NYU. I’ve worked as a clinical research scientist at Mt. Sinai Hospital in cytogenetics and as a postdoctoral researcher at the Herbert Irving Cancer Center, Columbia University, investigating acute myeloid leukemia (AML). While a student and researcher, I published my research in several medical journals, wrote research grants, and was granted a US patent.
Beyond academia, I’ve continued to pursue endeavors that combine my medical background and interest in improving health. I’ve served as a scientific consultant to a biotech focused hedge fund and patent attorney, as well as a contributing writer focused on disease prevention. I am a Research Scholar for the TEDMED 2018 and 2020 talks and serve on the PreventGEN advisory committee for The Prevent Cancer Foundation. By distilling scientific and medical research, I hope to guide and inspire others to improve both mental and physical wellness so that we may more effectively prevent and treat disease.
Let’s discuss how we can work together. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical writing and editing in order to accurately translate science to your target audience
- Medical research analysis and evaluation
- Medical/scientific research grant writing
- Technical, scientific, and medical background writing for intellectual property patent development
- Introductory consultation to determine goals
- Assistance developing/following nutritional plan, including meal prep
- Guidance selecting and following a workout plan and with mindfulness meditation