Salads that combine savory and sweet flavors are one of my favorite summer dishes. This balsamic marinated peach salad is easy to make, since it uses the marinade as the dressing, and pairs well with both fish and meat. Recently, I paired this with white miso marinated pork chops, which complemented the meat perfectly. As a bonus, I was able to spend time with our guests since both dishes may be prepared almost to completion ahead of time. Nectarines are a good substitute if you don’t have peaches on hand. Enjoy!
- 4 ripe peaches, soft to the touch but not mushy
- 1/4 c aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag of mixed greens of your choice
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Wash and slice peaches into 1/8 sections.
- Combine and whisk together next 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Add peaches, mix thoroughly, season with salt & pepper.
- Cover and leave at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, combine washed mixed greens and peaches with marinade and mix thoroughly.
- Top with goat cheese and mix lightly.
- Season with S & P as needed and serve immediately.